To help alleviate stress and allow for safe, social interaction, we will be offering K.E.E.P. 2.0 – Hybrid for children enrolled in grades K – 5. This recreation-based program is designed to provide children a safe environment to conduct self-directed remote learning and participate in enrichment activities, games and explore the outdoors when not actively engaged in school work. Staff will be on duty to assist children. Please note our staff are not school educators or tutors. Participants will be placed in static pods with all siblings placed within the same pod with assigned, dedicated staff to each pod.
Children must provide: face covering, backpack, electronic device for remote learning, headphones, a sack lunch and water bottle. An afternoon snack will be provided by the Park. Please see the FAQ flier for health and safety procedures and additional details regarding the program.
Families who would like to participate in KEEP 2.0 Hybrid must request to be assigned to Group A (AM). Please contact your school’s principal to make this request. The School District will confirm with the Park District that your child is registration in the K.E.E.P. 2.0 program.
WHEN AND WHERE
- Location: Barrington Park District, F&RC: John Sullivan and Multi-Purpose Rooms. We will have dedicated rooms and staff for each “POD.” If you would like your child to take a bus from their elementary school to the Park District please contact the School District’s Business Office at (847) 381-6300. See below for fee/payment information.
- Days: 5 days a week; Monday -Friday.
- Time: 10:45am – 5:30pm.
- Dates: 01/19/21 – 5/28/21. No program on 1/18/21, 2/12/21, 2/15/21, 3/19/21 – 3/26/21, 4/2/21. Program dates will be adjusted based on District 220’s return to school plan updates.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Current K.E.E.P. – 2.0 Participants: Online registration will begin on Friday, 12/18/20 at 2:00pm.
- Families who were registered for the 20/21 School Year and 2020 Summer Camp: Registration will start on Monday, 12/21/20 at 9:00am.
- General Public: Registration for any available spots will start on Wednesday, 12/23/20 at 9:00am for residents and non-residents who were not previously in K.E.E.P. for the original school year program or summer.
- How: Scroll down to the red “Register Now” button to register. If you do not know your household username and password please contact the front desk at (847) 381-0687.at (847) 381-0687.
- Tuition: $342/$405 (In-District/Out-of-District for the Barrington Park District) due at the time of registration. This fee covers your January tuition: 1/19/21 – 1/29/21; total of 9 school days. Then starting on the 1st of each month, February – May you will be charged via EFT for the entire month’s tuition according the number of school days in that month. The cost breaks down to $38/$45 per day. Below are the monthly tuition fees that will be charged to the card you use at the time of registration.
February: $684/$810 (18 school days)
March: $646/$765 (17 school days)
April: $798/$945 (21 school days)
May: $760/$900 (20 school days)
June: TBD, Based on “snow” days.
- No sibling discount.
- Busing: There will be an additional fee of $93.75 for the remainder of the school year (payable to School District 220) if you require busing. Please contact the District 220’s Business Office at (847) 381-6300 to request busing from your child’s elementary school to the Park District. All busing is set up and made payable to the Barrington School District and NOT the Park District.
- First installment is NON-REFUNDABLE (sorry, no exceptions). Cancellation requests due to job loss or moving must be submitted in writing with documentation.