Preschool Registration Information
- Registration started on 2/1/22 for all classes except for Mini’s. Mini’s registration will follow the regular summer program registration dates.
- HOW TO REGISTER: please visit www.barringtonparkdistrict.org/preschool. You can register online or download a Preschool EFT Registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TUITION: For the 3’s and Pre-K classes, tuition is charged monthly via auto payment on a credit card, starting 9/10/22 – 5/10/23. Tuition is based on the total number of school days/cost of the program and divided into 9 equal payments. Mini’s tuition for fall (session 1) is charged 9/10/22 – 12/10/22 and winter/spring (session 2) is charged 1/10/23 – 5/10/23. This tuition is also based on the total number of school days and divided into equal payments. The Explorer’s Enrichment series tuition is all due at the time of registration.
- REGISTRATION FEE: a $60 non-refundable registration fee per child is due upon registration. Only exception is the Explorer’s Enrichment Series.
- CALENDAR: the Preschool follows the Barrington School District 220 calendar, starting in September and ending in mid-May. See dates in chart below. There is no class when District 220 is scheduled off.
- All participants must be fully potty-trained and be able to independently use the bathroom before the first day of school. No pull-ups or diapers. Only exception is the Mini’s class.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations are due by 8/1/22 or your forfeit your first month’s tuition payment. All registration fees are non-refundable. After 8/1/22 refunds will only be issued for medical reasons (doctor’s note is required), your child is accepted into the ELC in District 220 or if you move out of town. Sorry, no exceptions.
Mini’s is a great way to introduce your child to a preschool setting. This class is for the toddler/preschooler who is ready to start exploring on their own. This program includes both group and individual activities that are play-based. Meaningful play encourages curiosity, discovery and problem solving. Classes will follow a weekly theme that will include a circle time, songs, a story, a craft, snack time, socialization and playtime. We will also introduce and sharpen their skills with their letters, numbers, colors and shapes throughout the session. Fine and gross motor skills will be enhanced through games and crafts. Children must be potty-trained, or a parent/caregiver must be available to change a diaper or pull-up. (Min/Max: 5/8).
The emphasis in this class is providing children with a wide variety of learning experiences in various domains. It is a play based program with a curriculum that includes hands-on experiences that incorporate the interests of the children. Every day is structured to give each child many opportunities to learn. Students must be fully potty-trained by the first day of class. No pull-ups. If you need additional care you can register for Lunch Bunch which extends the day until 12:30pm or the Extended Day program which extends the day until 2:00pm. If you would like to add a third day of school please check out our Explorer Series that runs on Fridays from 9:00 – 11:30am and also has the option of Lunch Bunch and/or Extended Day. (Min/Max: 8/16).
This class is perfect for children who will be attending kindergarten in the 2023 – 2024 school year and are ready for a three or four day program. The Pre-K curriculum has been developed to meet the specific skills needed to prepare a child for kindergarten. This program includes readiness in reading (Jolly Phonics Program), literature, writing, math, science, social science, art, music, gross and fine motor skills and social/emotional readiness. One of our main goals is to foster children’s creativity, originality and imagination. The classroom is a playful and creative environment where children can use their literacy, cognitive and mathematical skills throughout their daily activities. We offer both a 3-day or 4-day programs based on the needs of your student and family. Students must be fully potty-trained by the first day of class. No pull-ups. If you need additional care you can register for Lunch Bunch which extends the day until 12:30pm or the Extended Day program which extends the day until 2:00pm. If you register for the 4-day a week class, but would like 5-days a week then please check out our Explorer Series that runs on Fridays from 9:00 – 11:30am and also has the option of Lunch Bunch and/or Extended Day. It is instructed by the same teachers as the Pre-K 4-day a week class. (Min/Max: 8/18).
EXPLORER’S ENRICHMENT SERIES
Come join us for a school day that is filled with fun, excitement and lots of enrichment! This mini-series will help your preschooler develop socially and emotionally, grow their fine and gross motor skills and will address all developmental domains important to your child’s growth and development. Students will have an exciting new theme each Friday filled with an assortment of academic centers, crafts, S.T.E.M. experiments, movement and music. Each session has fun new weekly themes. This class is perfect if you are in the 3’s or Pre-K M-Th program and are looking to add an extra day of school and/or care. Students must be potty-trained. NO DIAPERS OR PULL UPS. (Min/Max: 8/16).
Drop-in programs to extend your child’s day. Perfect for parents who sporadically need care!* NO registration required! Drop-in as you need to!
LUNCH BUNCH DROP-IN
TIME: End of Class – 12:30pm (Sept. – May)
AGE: 3 – 5 YEARS
Perfect for parents who need an extended school day or sporadically need care! Lunch Bunch offers an extra time for lunch and socialization to children enrolled in the Preschool. The Preschool is a peanut and tree nut-free zone, and children are required to bring their own lunch. The fee is discounted if you pre-register for multiple days per week. See fee chart. (Min/Max: 4/18). Instructor: Preschool Teachers
FEES: $10 per day: 3’s/Pre-K (3-day program)/Explorer’s Enrichment, $5 per day: Pre-K 4-day a week program.
EXTENDED DAY DROP-IN
TIME: End of Class – 2:30pm (Sept. – May)
AGE: 3 – 5 YEARS
Extend the preschool day! Includes Lunch Bunch. Enjoy extra time with friends and benefit from the additional amenities the Park District has to offer. Extra enrichment activities such as art, science, gross motor, music and more will be introduced daily. The fee is discounted if you pre-register for multiple days per week. See fee chart. (Min/Max: 4/18). Instructor: Preschool Teachers.
FEES: $25 per day: 3’s/Pre-K (3-day program)/Explorer’s Enrichment, $20 per day: Pre-K 4-day a week program