The Barrington Park District and South Barrington Park District have joined together to offer the children in the Barrington area a fun, recreational basketball league. Players of all skill levels are encouraged to participate in this high-energy league for budding hoops players. Whether your child is new to the game or looking to improve basketball skills, this program is the perfect way to have fun playing hoops!
• Participants are grouped by age: grades 3 & 4, grades 5 & 6 and grades 7 & 8 are combined to create age-appropriate teams.
• Players are evaluated before the start of the season to ensure proper team placement. No friendship requests allowed.
• All games are officiated by 2 certified referees.
• Those interested in coaching a team should submit a coaching application form (which can be found on the box to the right) to Kent Hengels via e-mail at email@example.com.
• Tournament is a two-game guarantee, not a double elimination.
• Coaches for each team will determine practice times for that team. All players must attend one practice per week to be eligible for equal playing time during Sunday games.
• All practices are held during the week at various District 220 schools.
• Coaches for each team determine the location (school), time and day of the week your child will practice.
• Players will be required to attend one practice per week in order to qualify for equal playing time on Sundays.
• Practices will be canceled whenever there is a school closing or school function, including winter break.
* No refunds will be given due to conflicts with practice and game times.
** If enrollment is too low for the Girls 3rd/4th Basketball League, we join an intervillage league. (See bottom of page for information).
Game Information, Times & Registration
For each practice and game, players should wear appropriate athletic wear (shorts, t-shirt and gym shoes). Game jerseys will be provided for each participant. Register at the appropriate grade level for your player. All times below are anticipated game times; practice times will be determined by each team’s coach. Tournament dates will be Sundays, 3/3 and 3/10. If necessary, Saturdays may be used to schedule tournament games.