The Barrington Park District and the Barrington Youth Lacrosse Association (BYLA) have joined forces to bring lacrosse to Barrington! BYLA is dedicated to promoting the growth of lacrosse in Barrington and developing our players into experienced lacrosse players.
- Teams will be coached by parent coach volunteers with guidance from experienced third-party lacrosse coaches.
- Practices will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays, with optional practices as determined by the team coach.
- Practices may begin in March (weather dependent).
- Teams will participate in the spring league organized by the Illinois Boys’ Lacrosse Association and will be assembled based on experience level and age. There will be a team placement session to form teams of 16-20 players per team.
- The IBLA season runs from early April to early June.
- Barrington teams will face lacrosse teams from nearby communities. Some games will require travel in the greater Chicago area.
- Players are responsible for purchasing a Barrington lacrosse uniform and providing their own lacrosse gear. The deadline for ordering uniform items is Tuesday, February 26. Please visit https://chill-life.com/collections/barrington-lacrosse for further details and to place your order. Visit the front desk of the Barrington Park District to try on sample pieces prior to purchasing.
Please email info@BarringtonYouthLacrosse.org with any questions. You may also visit our webpage at www.BarringtonYouthLacrosse.org or send us a message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BarringtonLax/.
Registration deadline: Monday, February 25