Want to take your yoga practice to a new level, restore balance and increase your health and wellness? This training program is also perfect for those seeking to step out of the student role and become a skilled yoga instructor. It will help you understand the true benefits and principles of yoga.
Turn a love of yoga into a career and deepen your practice and understanding of yoga and its philosophies. This program is fitting for those looking to make a stronger commitment to self-exploration and deeper dimensions of yoga. The 200-hour certification program is approved by Yoga Alliance, which provides globally recognized credentials in the fields of yoga teaching and yoga teacher training. There will be many styles and adaptations learned which will ensure opportunities to teach and learn about different populations and therapeutic techniques. At the completion of the program you will receive a diploma and be certified to begin teaching!
• $3,500 per participant. 10% discount if it is paid in full before the training begins. Payment plan of 4 equal payments available.
• Additional expenses include textbooks and miscellaneous yoga equipment.
• Saturdays and Sundays for 9 weeks. See chart for dates and times. Must attend all 9 weeks.
• History and Philosophy of Yoga
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Teaching and Practicing Asanas
• Class structure with Sequences
• Proper Assisting and Adjusting Approaches
• Teaching and Practicing Pranayama Techniques
• Lifestyle Choices, Ayurveda and TCM
• Meditation Techniques
• Benefits of Over 100 Poses (Asanas)
• Business Planning and Professional Development
Here is what you can expect
• Hands-on training in a variety of yoga styles and modalities.
• Lectures and individual hands-on instruction.
• Comprehensive course materials and guides to aid you during the program and after.
• Learn how to successfully teach a wide variety of students.
• Structure and create your own sequences.
• Develop greater control of your body and mind.
• Gain confidence in your abilities as a teacher.
outside class time commitments
• Personal practice: two classes per week via Om Sweet Home or in person at your local studio.
• Meditation/Journaling each day.
• 3-5 hours of homework per week.
• 10 hours of practice teaching or assisting.
12:00 – 4:00pm
10:00am – 3:00pm
|Week 1||September 2||September 3|
|Week 2 – CANCELLED||September 9 – CANCELLED||September 10 – CANCELLED|
|Week 2||September 16||September 17|
|Week 3||September 23||September 24|
|Week 4||September 30||October 1|
|Week 5||October 7||October 8|
|Week 6||October 14||October 15|
|Week 8 – CANCELLED||October 21 – CANCELLED||October 22 – CANCELLED|
|Week 7||October 28||October 29|
|Week 8||November 4||November 5|
|Week 9||November 11||November 12|
About the Instructor
Kelley Edwards is a Yoga Alliance certified E-RYT 500 hour Yoga Instructor with experience teaching many styles of yoga, including Vinyasa, Power, and Restorative. With over a decade of practice, experience and teaching, she has truly found her calling and is very passionate about leading future teachers to create safe and accessible yoga classes for all. Kelley is currently in the process of completing her 1000 hour teacher training and is grateful for the opportunity to keep learning and training. Kelley believes we are always students, and that attitude has created an environment of inspiration and sharing, creation and community.