Ages: 5 Years & up
The Stingrays Swim Team is for anyone who loves to have fun and learn new swimming skills in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. From 6/10 – 7/24, students will work on speed, strength and endurance of strokes. Regular swim meets will be held against surrounding communities. Participants should have prior swimming experience; each child will be evaluated at a “mock” meet on 6/7/19 and will be required to complete an age-appropriate diagnostic assessment.
Guidelines & Rules
All participants will be assessed for proper placement (no exceptions). Girls must wear swim caps. Refunds will only be given in the case of physical impairment or parent job transfer.
Mandatory Parent Meeting: During the Mock Swim Team Meet on 6/7/19 at 5:00pm.
- Monday through Thursday
- No practice on swim meet days.
- Rain make-ups for practices are on Fridays only.
- Guaranteed 4 meets and 1 mock meet.
- Meets are held in the evenings.
- Travel may be required.
Registration & Fees (Mandatory):
- $220 In-District
- $245 Out-of-District
- $100 Volunteer Deposit due at Parent Meeting on 6/8/18.
- Checks Only – Made Payable to the Barrington Park District.
- It is mandatory that you volunteer at 3 swim meets. Your check is voided and destroyed at the end of the season if you fulfill your commitment. If you are unable to volunteer at a meet, you have the option to cash your check at the Parent Meeting.
- Registration deadline is 5/3/19. If you register after 5/3, you will be charged a $50 late processing fee.
Additional Estimated Costs:
- $40 – $55: swim suits. (Fees vary on sizes and male/female. Swim suits are required for all new participants or prior swim team members that need a new suit).
- $12 – $16: goggles.
- $12 – $16: swim cap with logo.
Pre-Season Swim Stroke Clinic
This clinic is available for any qualified swimmer (see below) who would like to dedicate extra time to his or her stroke technique before the season starts (this is not a swimming lesson). Coaches will be using fun and challenging techniques to enhance each swimmer’s stroke. Please bring towel, swim suit, cap and goggles. Participants do not need to be a registered Stingrays swim team member.
Able to swim consistently for 30 minutes. Will require your swimmer to perform at a challenging level. This is not a swim lesson. All age groups are welcome (5 – 17 yrs). Sign up for one or all 3 days!
Instructor: Stingrays Coaches.
Meets and Important Dates
|4/22/2019||Early Bird Registration Discount||$20 off registration if you register by 4/22/19.|
|4/29/19||Equipment/Swim Suit Fitting||4/24/19 from 4:00 – 7:00pm (drop-in) at F&RC. Mandatory for all participants who require a new swim suit. Sorry, no exceptions. If you have a swim suit that fits from a previous year, you do not need to attend.|
|5/3/19||Registration Deadline||5/3/19. There will be a $50 late processing fee if you register after 5/3. Sorry, no exceptions.|
|6/7/19||Mock Meet & Mandatory Parent Meeting/Volunteer Deposit Due||6/7/19 at 5:00pm.|
|7/24/19||Banquet||Swim Team banquet, 7/24/19.|