• All participants are required to be registered for the program they are attending.
• Registration forms must be completed or online registration process completed.
• Payments must be paid in full.
• Participant waiver must be signed and dated by parent, guardian or participant – over 18 years of age.
“In-district residents” refers to those who live inside the Barrington Park District boundaries and who pay taxes to the Barrington Park District. “Out-of-district” or “non-residents” refers to those who live outside these boundaries. Out-of-district memberships are available by calling (847) 381-0687.
Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
The Barrington Park District is pleased to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability. ADA requires that recreation programs offered be available in the most integrated setting appropriate for each individual. For all programs, participants must be fully restroom trained. If diapers or incontinent aids are used, the participant/parent must be able to provide their own personal care. Those who use the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) may reach the Park District through the Illinois Relay Center seven days a week at 1(800) 526-0844. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Park District at (847) 381-0687 and fill out proper paperwork regarding special accommodations needed for enjoyment of and inclusion in Park District programs.
The Barrington Park District does not discriminate against any person participating in Park District programs, activities, or services on the basis of sex, race, religion or cultural background.
Code of Conduct
All individuals on Park District property and in Park District programs are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. All individuals shall:
• Show respect to participants/staff/others, and take directions from staff.
• Refrain from using abusive or foul language.
• Refrain from causing bodily harm to self, participants, staff or others.
• Show respect to equipment, supplies, and facilities.
Individuals who do not conform to this Code of Conduct will be subject to suspension from the program or dismissal depending on the frequency, nature and severity of any infraction, including immediate dismissal, all to be determined at the discretion of the Director.
Behavior Procedures for Participants
Staff will make every effort to assist participants in correcting any unacceptable behavior through re-direction, reminders of expected conduct and parent conference. Staff will help the participant develop self-control and assume responsibility for their own behavior based on four overall rules:
• A participant may not disturb or hurt others, verbally or physically.
• A participant may not damage school or Park District equipment.
• A participant may not place themselves and/or others in dangerous situations.
• A participant must respect and follow staff direction.
If unacceptable behavior continues, the staff will implement the appropriate procedures as outlined in the Park District policy manual.
Improper Speech and Conduct
No person shall use any abusive, threatening, indecent, profane, or obscene language, or language calculated to occasion a breach of the peace, nor be guilty of any indecent act or behavior in the Park District.
Smoking is prohibited inside any Park District facility.
Alcohol is not permitted in any park or facility. Special procedures, application and fees are required for special use and/or rental.
Use of Cellular Phones in Park District Facilities
• To ensure privacy to the patrons of the Barrington Park District in certain areas such as locker rooms and washrooms, the following policy regarding cell phones has been implemented. This policy will affect ALL cellular phone usage in these areas.
• The Barrington Park District prohibits the use of any device capable of recording, producing, duplicating, reproducing, storing, copying, transmitting or displaying any type of pictures from all Barrington Park District restrooms, locker rooms, or anywhere else where patrons expect privacy.
• Individuals observed using cellular phones in these areas will be asked to stop or leave the area. Failure to comply could result in the person(s) being banned from Park District property. Those individuals using cellular phones and taking or transmitting pictures from these areas will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
On occasion, Park District staff may photograph or videotape participants in Park District programs/classes or at park events/facilities. These photos are for Park District use only and may be used in publications, brochures, pamphlets, flyers and/or video products. If you do not wish to have your photo taken, please inform the photographer.
Lost and Found
“Found” items will be kept at the Fitness and Recreation Center for approximately 30 days. After that 30-day period, items will be disposed at the discretion of the District’s Executive Director. Items that are usable by the District (sports equipment, towels, etc.) may become District property and be put into use.
Offering Articles for Sale
No person shall offer or exchange for sale any article or thing, or do any hawking, peddling, or soliciting, or buy or offer to buy an article or thing, or take up any collection, or solicit to receive contributions of money or anything of value in the Park District except when authorized to do so by permit from or contract with the Executive Director.
Animals may be led by leash on such portions of the Park District as designated for pedestrian traffic in Citizens Park. Animals are NOT ALLOWED in Langendorf Park or on the Teams Course in
Ron Beese Park.
The Park District is a member of the Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association (NISRA). Seasonal brochures listing all of NISRA’s programs are available at the Park District office. Call (815) 459-0737 or go to www.nisra.org for more information.
Barrington Area Council on Aging: (847) 381-5030; www.bacoa.org
Barrington Area Soccer: (847) 381-2272; www.basa.net
Barrington Youth Baseball & Softball: www.barringtonyouthbaseball.com
Barrington Youth Football: www.barringtonbroncos.net
Northern Illinois Special Recreation: (815) 459-0737; www.nisra.org