Fitness Center Orientation
Orientation lasts approximately 1/2 hour and is designed to provide basic instruction on how to use the fitness equipment and familiarize members with the Fitness Center Regulations (see below). (New members ages 14 – 17 years are required to complete an orientation session before their passes will be issued.) Orientations are scheduled throughout the week; please contact the Fitness Center for an appointment (847) 304-5279.
Fitness assessments are available for anyone wishing to evaluate his or her current fitness level. One of our certified personal trainers will conduct each assessment, which may include but is not limited to the following:
• Cardio respiratory fitness and blood pressure.
• Body weight and body fat percentage.
• Body mass index (BMI) and skeletal muscle.
• Visceral fat (fat surrounding your organs).
• Flexibility, muscular strength and endurance.
• Postural and functional movement.
Once your results are in, the trainer will contact you to come in and go over all of the results with you. Contact the Fitness Center at (847) 304-5279 to schedule your appointment. Participants should wear comfortable, active clothing. Each person is required to sign an Informed Consent Form and complete a brief health history prior to the assessment. A doctor’s release may be necessary. Fee: $45.
Fitness Center Regulations
In order to provide a safe and friendly exercise environment, Fitness Center members are expected to abide by all rules deemed necessary
by the Park District.
• New members ages 14 – 17 years must complete a mandatory orientation before membership will be issued.
• Members ages 14 – 17 years must start with a 3-month membership. After 3 months, membership may be upgraded.
• Members must swipe their pass card for entry into the Fitness Center.
• Memberships are non-transferable.
• We offer two types of payment plans for yearly memberships: annual payment which reflects a 10% discount or monthly Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
• Registration form must be completely filled out, with waiver signed and dated.
• ID required – for resident rates, proof of residency is required.
• Student Memberships – must show a current High School or College ID and proof of age (14 to 24 years).
Annual Payment Plan
• Payment for membership in full via cash, check or major credit card.
• Annual price reflects a 10% discount.
EFT Payment Plan
The Park District Fitness & Recreation Center offers a convenient monthly payment plan using automatic deductions from your credit card account.
• EFT memberships are perpetual (ongoing until a cancellation form is completed and turned in).
• A one-year (twelve-month) commitment is required.
• Monthly rates are based on a twelve-month commitment, after which membership converts to month-to-month.
• Prices are subject to change after the one-year commitment is fulfilled.
• Credit cards only (AMEX not accepted for EFT).
Membership Refund Policy/Cancellations
For all cancellations and/or refunds, a Fitness Cancellation Request Form must be completed, dated and signed by the Health and Fitness Manager. Cancellations and/or refunds will not be processed if any paperwork is missing or incomplete. A cancellation fee equal to one month’s dues will be applied to all 3-month and 12-month memberships. Proper paperwork must accompany the Refund Request Form (i.e. doctor’s note, closing documents, etc).
• Refunds will only be given in case of medical restrictions or moving out of the area (ten mile radius).
• Proper paperwork must accompany the Refund Request Form (i.e. doctor’s note, closing documents, etc).
• Refunds are pro-rated from the date of purchase until the completed paperwork is turned in.
• One-year commitment required. Refunds will only be given in case of medical restrictions or moving out of the area (ten mile radius). Proper paperwork must accompany the Refund Request Form (i.e. doctor’s note, closing documents, etc).
• A cancellation fee equal to one month’s dues will be applied if cancelling within the first year of the membership under qualifying cancellation policies.
• After one year, a patron may request to cancel their membership only in writing with no penalty.
• Refund Request Form must be received by the first of the month to avoid the current month’s charge.
• All fitness center members must be at least 14 years old. Ages 14 – 17 years must complete a mandatory orientation.
• Members under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign all waivers and forms at the time of membership purchase.
• There are no time restrictions on student memberships. Students may use the fitness center facility during regular business hours.
Personal Belongings, Dress and Etiquette
• Personal belongings (bags, coats, etc.) must be kept in a locker at all times. No overnight storage is allowed.
• Members must dress appropriately. Shirts and gym shoes are required (no street shoes or sandals; you must change into workout shoes).
• Slamming and dropping of weights and talking on cell phones while in the Fitness Center is strictly prohibited.