Fitness Center Orientation
Each Fitness Center membership includes a free orientation. New members may schedule an orientation session with a personal trainer. Orientation lasts approximately 1/2 hour and is designed to provide basic instruction on how to use the fitness equipment and familiarize members with the Fitness Center Regulations (see below). Orientations are scheduled throughout the week; please contact the Fitness Center Office for an appointment (847) 304-5279.
Fitness assessments are available for anyone wishing to evaluate his or her current fitness level. One of our professional trainers will conduct each assessment, which includes the following:
• Cardio respiratory fitness and blood pressure.
• Body weight and body fat percentage.
• Body mass index (BMI) and skeletal muscle.
• Visceral fat (fat surrounding your organs).
• Flexibility, muscular strength and endurance.
Contact the Fitness Center office to schedule your appointment. Participants should wear shorts and loose-fitting t-shirt. Each person is required to sign an Informed Consent Form and complete a brief health history prior to the assessment. A doctor’s release may be necessary. Come back for a second visit to receive your printed results.
Fitness Center Regulations
In order to provide a safe and friendly exercise environment, Fitness Center members are expected to abide by all rules deemed necessary by the Park District.
• Members must swipe their pass card for entry into the Fitness Center. A current photo MUST be on file.
• Memberships are non-transferable.
• All members must have a card o access the facility.
• We are not responsible for lost or stolen cards. Replacement cards are $10.
• We offer two types of payment plans for yearly memberships; Annual Payment which reflects a 10% discount or Monthly Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
• Registration form must be completely filled out, with waiver signed and dated.
• ID required – for resident rates, proof of residency is required.
• Corporate Memberships – proof of full-time employment with an in-district corporation required (i.e. check stub).
• Student Memberships – must show a current High School or College ID and proof of age (14 to 24 years).
Annual Payment Plan
• Payment for membership in full via cash, check or major credit card.
• Annual price reflects a 10% discount.
EFT Payment Plan
The Park District Fitness & Recreation Center offers a convenient monthly payment plan using automatic deductions from your credit card account.
• EFT memberships are perpetual (ongoing until a cancellation form is completed and turned in.
• A one-year (twelve-month) commitment is required.
• Monthly rates are based on a twelve-month or six-month commitment, after which membership converts to month-to-month.
• Prices are subject to change after the one-year commitment is fulfilled.
• Credit cards only (American Express not accepted for EFT).
Membership Refund Policy/Cancellations
Members may request in writing a cancel of membership for the following reasons:
• Medical diagnosis that hinders use of substantial time remaining. Documentation must be provided. Members may also request membership to be frozen for short term medical issues, such as surgery with recovery, complications during pregnancy etc.
• Relocation: Members may request a cancel due to relocation outside of 10 miles from the BPD fitness center. Documentation must be provided.
A cancelation fee equal to 1 month’s dues will be assessed. You must submit cancelation request between the 1st and 4th of the month. Your fee will be adjusted to collect the cancel fee only.
Any cancellations after the 4th of the month will be charged that current month’s dues, and will be adjusted to collect the cancel fee upon the next month.
Memberships that have been paid in full, have time remaining, that qualify for a prorated cancel, will be issued less cancel fee equal to 1 month’s dues.
• All fitness center members must be at least 14 years old (proof required).
• Members under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign all waivers and forms at the time of pass purchase.
• There are no time restrictions on student memberships. Students may use the fitness center facility during regular business hours.
Personal Belongings, Dress and Etiquette
• Personal belongings (bags, coats, etc.) must be kept in a locker at all times. No overnight storage is allowed.
• Members must dress appropriately. Appropriate body covered must be maintained. Clean gym shoes are required (no street shoes or sandals).
• Slamming and dropping of weights and talking on cell phones while in the Fitness Center is strictly prohibited.
• Members should wipe down equipment before use to ensure cleanliness.