About the Park
Citizens Park is a 45-acre park located off of Northwest Highway and Lake Zurich Road in Barrington. The park was the site of the old Jewel Tea Company. This award-winning park was officially dedicated in 2007 and has continued to be a very popular setting for people to rent the facilities, relax by the waterfall, walk the trails and enjoy passive recreation.
Citizens Park was the winner of 7 different awards, including the 2007 Governor’s Hometown Award, 2007 Daniel Flaherty Park Excellence Award, 2007 Illinois Association of Park District’s Partnership Award, 2007 Masonry Award, and 3 awards from the 2007 Council of Barrington Garden Clubs. The Barrington Park District also worked closely with the Lake County Forest Preserve to connect their property to the Barrington Park District. The result is a beautiful bike/running trail that twists through Cuba Marsh and then connects to Citizens Park. This has become a favorite site for dog owners and 5K enthusiasts.
Citizens Park Rentals
Citizens Park has several facilities that can be rented for various parties and gatherings. Visit the Citizens Park rentals page to learn more
Ice Rink Rules & Regulations, Tier 4
Welcome! In utilizing the Ice Rink, you acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the following rules and regulations.
Ice Rink Hours:
Sunday – Saturday
10:00am – 5:30pm
The ice rink will be closed to the public on Saturday, February 20 from 1:30 – 4:15 pm.
Hours are subject to change due to ice conditions, inclement weather, facility closures and holidays.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- 6 ft of social distancing must be maintained at all times with non-family members.
- Skate at your own risk. Skaters accept the responsibility of knowing the range of their ability while on skates, and skating within the limits of that ability.
- By engaging in skating, skaters are deemed to have knowledge of, and assume the inherent risks of skating.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision and conduct of their children at all times.
- No one is allowed on the ice without ice skates.
- Inspect the Ice Rink before starting play.
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skater’s safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden.
- Refrain from horseplay. No pushing, shoving or rough play.
- Patrons must not sit on, step over, lean over or place articles on the sideboards.
- Do not carry anyone, including infants and children, while skating.
- No hockey goals may be brought into the Ice Rink.
- Throwing snow or ice balls is strictly prohibited.
- Profanity, recklessness and fighting are prohibited.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, drugs, or weapons is prohibited.
- Climbing the fence and abuse of property are prohibited.
- No trespassing when the Ice Rink is closed.
- No glass, food, drink or pets are allowed in the Ice Rink.
- All Barrington Park District rules and regulations apply.
- Violation of rules and regulations will result in losing skating privileges.
- Barrington Park District is NOT responsible for accidents, injuries, or lost, stolen, or broken items.
- This facility may be closed at any time at the discretion of the Barrington Park District.
Please notify the Park District immediately of any unsafe conditions or inappropriate activity at (847) 381-0687.
In case of emergency or suspicious behavior, call 911 or the non-emergency Barrington Police Department at (847) 304-3300
Featured in Citizens Park:
- Biking/Walking Paths
- Cuba Mash Connection
- Jewel Tea Park Pavilion
- John Larkins Bell Gazebo
- Pepper Family Treehouse
- Picnic Shelters
- Restroom Facilities
- Robert Soule Amphitheater
- Tennis/ Basketball Court
- The Lodge