The Freddie Herriman Pederson Splashpad is an ADA accessible water spray ground that will provide hours of summer fun for ALL children!
Splashpad will follow aquatic center holiday schedule (closes at 6:00pm on Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July and Labor Day).
June 1 – June 3
9:00am – 5:00pm
June 4 – August 19
9:00am – 12:00pm FREE
All patrons must exit the Splashpad at 12:00pm, and re-enter through the Aquatic Center main entrance with paid admission.
12:00 – Pool Closing
Entry with paid pool admission.
There is a parking lot located in the rear of Langendorf Park located next to the splashpad. You can access this parking lot via the access road on the east side of the pool. The splashpad can also be accessed following the sidewalk that runs by the playgrounds.
- No attendant on duty. Parents or guardians are responsible for the supervision and conduct of their children at all times.
- Children 8 years and younger must be supervised by an adult 16 years or older. Ratio: 1 adult/5 children.
- Patrons with contagious diseases or infectious conditions are not allowed in the facility.
- No alcohol or glass containers are allowed in the splashpad.
- The water from the splashpad is not suitable for drinking. Please use the drinking fountain.
- The splashpad will follow the pool’s safety breaks from 12:00 – 7:00pm.
- No running or rough play is allowed.
- Only bare feet or aqua socks are allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Baby strollers or carriers are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Soap, shampoos, conditioners, lotions or body washes are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Only clean swim apparel may be worn on the splashpad play surface.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly fitting plastic pants over a swim diaper.
- When thunder is heard, lightning is seen, or the Thorguard System is activated, all patrons must seek shelter and there will be a minimum 30-minute wait with each lightning strike and/or thunder heard.
- The facility will not open if the air temperature is less than 68 degrees.
- Climbing on the features and fences is not allowed.
- The splashpad may close due to: inclement weather, mechanical breakdown, health code requirements or Park District programming.
- The Barrington Park District has the discretion to make changes at any time for the safety of our patrons.
- Chairs may not be brought into the splashpad area.
Groups larger than 9 people must make reservations and are considered a private rental.
Private rentals are available: Sunday – Saturday at 3:00 – 4:30pm or 5:00 – 6:30pm.
Contact (847) 304-5296 for more information!