The Splashpad is currently CLOSED. We are awaiting guidance from the CDC and IDPH. Please check back for updates.
The Freddie Herriman Pederson Splashpad is an ADA accessible water spray ground that will provide hours of summer fun for ALL children!
9:00am – 12:00pm: FREE
12:00pm – Pool Closing: Entry with paid pool admission.
Entry with paid pool admission only.
Splashpad will follow aquatic center holiday schedule (closes at 6:00pm on Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July and Labor Day)
1. No attendant on duty. Parents or guardians are responsible for the supervision and conduct of their children at all times.
2. Children 8 years and younger must be supervised by an adult 16 years or older. Ratio: 1 adult/5 children.
3. Patrons with contagious diseases or infectious conditions are not allowed in the facility.
4. No alcohol or glass containers are allowed in the splashpad.
5. The water from the splashpad is not suitable for drinking. Please use the drinking fountain.
6. The splashpad will follow the pool’s safety breaks from 12:00 – 7:00pm.
7. No running or rough play is allowed.
8. Only bare feet or aqua socks are allowed on the splashpad play surface.
9. Baby strollers or carriers are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
10. Soap, shampoos, conditioners, lotions or body washes are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
11. Only clean swim apparel may be worn on the splashpad play surface.
12. Children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly fitting plastic pants over a swim diaper.
13. When thunder is heard, lightning is seen, or the Thorguard System is activated, all patrons must seek shelter and there will be a minimum 30-minute wait with each lightning strike and/or thunder heard.
14. The facility will not open if the air temperature is less than 68 degrees.
15. Climbing on the features and fences is not allowed.
16. The splashpad may close due to: inclement weather, mechanical breakdown, health code requirements or park district programming.
17. The Barrington Park District has the discretion to make changes at any time for the safety of our patrons.
18. Chairs may not be brought into the splashpad area.
Organized groups larger than 9 must have advanced reservations with the district’s rental coordinator. Please call (847) 304-5296. Fees will apply.
Available Sunday – Saturday
3:00 – 4:30pm or 5:00 – 6:30pm
Contact (847) 304-5296 for more information!