The Freddie Herriman Pederson Splashpad is open by RESERVATION ONLY (please see below)
Due to COVID-19 the Barrington Park District is strictly following all of the Health Department guidelines to keep participants and staff safe. Please do your part in following the rules and guidelines listed below.
The Freddie Herriman Pederson Splashpad is an ADA accessible water spray ground that will provide hours of summer fun for ALL children!
The splashpad is ONLY open for children 12 and under with accompanied adult. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 6:00pm (last reservation time slot is 5:00 – 5:50pm)
9:00am – 4:00pm (last reservation time slot is 3:00 – 3:50pm)
9:00am – 12:00pm (last reservation time slot is 11:00 – 11:50am)
Reservations will start on the hour for 50 minutes. The remaining 10 minutes are for clearing and cleaning the Splashpad.
$2 per child, per hourly reservation. Adults are free. ONLY 6 people allowed per reservation, per family. No refunds will be given. Exact cash will be taken at the entrance gate. Change is not available.
Participants reserving more than one time slot must exit the Splashpad at the end of the reservation time and reenter and pay the hourly fee.
Outside organizations must have advanced reservations. Please call (847) 381-0687
The Splashpad capacity is 30 patrons, INCLUDING adults. For your convenience we are using SignUpGenius to reserve your hourly time slot. We will be accepting reservations ONE WEEK AT A TIME. You may reserve multiple time slots per day ($2 fee per child, per time slot). ONLY 6 PEOPLE ALLOWED PER RESERVATION, PER FAMILY.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Walk-ins are not recommended. Reservations will be accepted until 9:00pm the previous day. Saturday & Sunday reservations must be made by 5:00pm on Friday. You will receive a reminder email 1 day prior to your reservation.
We will contact you via email provided with your reservation if the Splashpad closes due to inclement weather or maintenance.
Choose your reservation day below and click the link.
Choose your time slot(s) by clicking “Sign Up” in the time slot box(es).
Choose the number of family members that will be in the Splashpad with you from the “Quantity” drop down menu. ONLY 6 PEOPLE ALLOWED PER RESERVATION, PER FAMILY.
Enter your first name, last name and email address
Click “Sign Up Now” at the bottom of the page.
You must do these 5 steps for every day you would like a reservation. Have questions? Email us!
Reservation Days Currently Available
(Please note: ONLY 6 people are allowed per reservation, per family.)
Please do not access the Splashpad parking lot prior to 5 minutes before your reservation time to allow previous patrons to exit.
COVID-19 Health Guidelines
All adults must wear a face covering while at the Splashpad. Children are not required to wear a face covering.
Adults and children must maintain 6 ft of physical distancing with members not in their immediate care.
Participants who have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive may not enter the Splashpad.
Hand sanitizer will be available at the gate. All participants must use prior to entry.
- Adults must wear a face covering at the Splashpad at all times.
- Adults must supervise their children at all times.
- No toys allowed.
- Only swim apparel may be worn on the Splashpad surface.
- One adult (age 18 or older) per four children (12 years and younger) must be present to supervise.
- Admission to the facility will be refused to all persons having any contagious diseases or infectious conditions such as colds.
- No chairs, coolers or food allowed in the Splashpad.
- The water fountain is closed due to COVID-19, please bring your own water. Glass containers not permitted.
- The water from spray park features is not suitable for drinking.
- No running or rough play is permitted.
- Only bare feet or aqua socks are allowed on the Splashpad surface.
- No baby strollers or carriers are allowed on the Splashpad surface.
- No soap, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, or body washes are allowed on the Splashpad.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly fitting plastic pants over a swim diaper. No disposable diapers will be allowed in the facility.
- The Splashpad will close and patrons must exit when the lightning detection system sounds, thunder is heard or lightening is seen, including a 30-minute period after the last lightening or thunder is detected.
- The facility will not open if the air temperature is less than 68 degrees.
- Climbing on the spray features, equipment and fences is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
- No smoking, vaping or alcohol is allowed at the Splashpad.
Contact (847) 304-5296 for more information!