KidFest is an annual event hosted FREE to the public by the Barrington Park District and the Barrington Breakfast Rotary.
The KidFest mission is to provide activities that inspire healthy habits, expose nature opportunities in the area and to encourage families to get up and explore the great outdoors. Our goal is to inspire families to go for a hike, a bicycle ride, play catch, fish, play frisbee and of course, Fly A Kite!
This event draws in thousands of people each year and is an excellent way to get your organization noticed!
If your organizations fits in with the mission of KidFest, we want you to join us!
KidFest is ALWAYS held the first Saturday in May, from 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Having a booth at KidFest is FREE.
- We ask that you provide an activity, craft or educational experience for families to participate in.
- 750 pamphlets are printed and handed out to families as the enter the event containing, your logo, activity, description of your organization and contact information.
- Your organizations name and link to website get published on our website and social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram)
Do you have a boy scout that needs to complete their eagle scout project? Every year, KidFest hosts 2 eagle scout candidates to offer bird house building to the public.
Outline for the project:
• Determine the needed materials.
• Develop a birdhouse template.
• Collect donations to cover the cost of his project.
• Coordinate the cutting of the wood.
• Prepare 75 kits for easy assembly.
• Solicit volunteers for preparing the bird house piece.
• Solicit volunteers to help at the booth to assist families in building.
• Provide all materials (i.e. tools) for families to build the houses.
We will fill out all necessary paperwork for the candidate, prepare official documents and provide completion letters.