The Freddie Herriman Pederson Splashpad is an ADA accessible water spray ground that will provide hours of summer fun for ALL children!
During Pool Season
9:00am – 1:00pm: FREE
1:00pm – 8:00pm: Entry with paid pool admission.
All patrons must exit the splashpad at 1:00pm, and re-enter through the aquatic center front desk.
After Pool Season
10:00am – 5:00pm: FREE
Splashpad will remain open until weather falls below 68 degrees.
- No attendant on duty. Parents or guardians are responsible for the supervision and conduct of their children at all times
- Children 8 years and younger must be supervised by an adult 16 years or older. Ratio: 1 adult/5 children.
- Patrons with contagious diseases or infectious conditions are not allowed in the facility.
- No alcohol or glass containers are allowed in the splashpad.
- The water from splashpad is not suitable for drinking. Please use the drinking fountain.
- The splashpad will follow the pools hourly safety breaks from 1:00 – 8:00pm.
- No running or rough play is allowed.
- Only bare feet or aqua socks are allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Baby strollers or carriers are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Soap, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, or body washes are not allowed on the splashpad play surface.
- Only clean swim apparel may be worn on the splashpad play surface.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tightly fitting plastic pants over a swim diaper.
- When thunder is heard, lightening is seen, or the Thorguard System is activated, including a 30-minute period after the last lightening or thunder is detected patrons must leave the facility and seek shelter.
- The facility will not open if the air temperature is less than 68 degrees.
- Climbing on the features and fences is not allowed.
- The splashpad may close due to: inclement weather, mechanical breakdown, health code requirements, or park district programming.
- The Barrington Park District has the discretion to make changes at any time for the safety of our patrons.
- Chairs may not be brought into the splashpad area.