KidCare is open to children with parents and/or siblings in Park District programs while class is in session. All parents/guardians must remain on the Langendorf Park property while using KidCare.
Morning: 6 weeks – 6 years
Afternoon: 12 months – 8 years
Hours of Operation (subject to change based on usage, school start times, etc.)
• Mornings: Monday – Friday: 8:15 – 11:45am. Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
• Afternoons: Monday from 4:00 – 7:00pm.
• Closed: 9/2, 11/28 – 11/29, 12/24 – 12/26, 12/31, 1/1
2 KIDCARE Options Available:
Option 1: Fitness Center Pass Holders Only
Pricing includes up to 2 children. Each additional child is $5 per month
|1 Year Commitment Required|
|# of Children||Monthly||Yearly|
|Each Additional Child||$5||$60|
|3 Month Option (Paid In Full ONLY)|
|# of Children||Fee|
|Each Additional Child||$15|
Option 2: Non-Fitness Pass Holder and Walk-Ins
|Walk-in: $4/$5 per Hour or purchase a punch card
(click link below to purchase card).
|Sec.#||# of Punches||Fee|
|01||1 Hour, per Child||$4/$5|
|02||6 Hours, per Child||$21/$27|
|03||12 Hours, per Child||$42/$54|
|04||24 Hours, per Child||$72/$84|
- Parent/Guardian must remain on-site (Langendorf Park) while child is in care.
- Ages: Infant – 6 years old. Two HOUR MAXIMUM length per child/per visit for ages 15 months – 6 years old. One HOUR MAXIMUM for INFANTS
- (6 weeks – 14 months). There will be a 15-minute grace period for parents with infants taking 1-hour fitness classes.
- All children must be SIGNED-IN & OUT of the registration binder daily. Each child who has a KidCare Pass, requires a Park District issued photo-id card which must be presented at check-in.
- 24 children maximum; first-come, first-served. *There is a maximum of 4 infants (6 weeks – 14 months old) allowed in the nursery at one time. This is in compliance with the DCFS ratios/policies. Thank you for your understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Peanut-Free room.
- Snacks: all snacks MUST be in their ORIGINAL snack sized package WITH THE INGREDIENTS listed on the package by the manufacturer. NO ZIP LOCK BAGS, PLASTIC CONTAINERS ETC. Snacks CAN NOT contain peanuts or be made in a facility that processes peanuts. Drinks must be labeled with your child’s name. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Please, no personal items allowed in the nursery (i.e., cell phones, tablets, toys, dolls, books, etc.). The only exceptions are pacifiers and blankets. The BPD and staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items that are brought into the KidCare Center.
- Parents/Guardians are not allowed past the entrance gate. The only exception is for parents who need to use the bathroom to change a diaper. If your child is having separation issues, the nursery staff will help them transition into the room.
- All shoes and boots must be removed from your child before entering the play area. ALL CHILDREN MUST WEAR SOCKS WHEN ENTERING THROUGH THE GATE. This is to prevent the spread of germs.
- Parent/guardian must provide and change all diapers. A staff member will come and get you if a diaper needs to be changed.
- Child must live in the same household as parent/guardian. Visiting relatives and friends must purchase an additional punch card.
- Please put all personal belongings (jackets, diaper bags, snacks, etc.) on the coat hooks or in the cubbies.
- Children presenting signs of illness are not allowed to use the nursery. Children must be free from any fever or contagious symptoms for at least 24-hours before returning. A doctor’s note may be requested.
KidCare Approved Snack List
All snacks must be:
• Individual serving size and in their original packaging (no Ziploc bags,
plastic containers, etc.) with the ingredients listed.
• Labeled with your child’s name.
Kidcare is PEANUT FREE. Snacks may not contain peanuts or be made in a facility that processes nuts. Please double check because common snacks such as fruit snack can have these “warnings.” Please avoid all snacks with the following:
• “May Contain Peanut or Tree Nuts”
• “Processed on shared equipment with Peanuts or Tree Nuts”
• “Manufactured in a plant with Peanut or Tree Nuts”
• “Contains Peanut or Tree Nut Ingredients”
A list of “safe snacks” is listed below.
This list is just for ideas, other snacks and brands can be purchased.
Please check ingredients to make sure they are peanut free.
• Cheddar Bunnies
• Teddy Grahams
• Keebler Graham Cracker style snacks
• Annie’s Bunny Grahams
• Skinny Pop Popcorn
• Pirate’s Booty
• Sun Chips
• Kraft Handi Snacks
• Rold Gold brand pretzels
• String Cheese/Cheese Sticks
• Yogurt pouches/tube
• Apple Sauce/Fruit Pouches
• Fruit Leather
• Dried Fruit
• Fruit Cups
• Fruit/Veggies that are pre-packaged (i.e. apple or carrot slices)